Friday, April 20, 2007
Why I Am Interested in Women's Studies
Why women's studies? Sadly, and I say this with an emphasis on SAD-ly, I wanted DIVERSITY in my education. So I chose a course dedicated to the studies and accomplishments of women in society. Why is this sad? Courses like this wouldn't be in existence, if the appreciation of women's achievement was integrated in the learning system. Word.
Women's Studies can feel like the brown pieces of cereal in the Lucky Charms box. Everyone just pushes them aside with their spoon and goes right for the colorful marshmallows. This should not be the case! The little brown pieces of puffed cereal should be just as important as the marshmallow! You can't have raw marshmallows for a cereal!
Taking a look at the various works from awe-inspiring, amazing women is just the first step in making sure that all voices in this BIASED academic and social world are accounted for. Let's make everything equally valuable, shall we?
posted by J Mancini @ 3:41 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives

© WMNST 227 Laurel Richardson